Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dare to Be: Celebrate You {Day 27}

Ever since I can remember, my parents always bragged about me for two things. There were probably more things, but what they were terribly proud of me for was this.

1. I  could say my ABC's
2. I could recite the Pledge of Allegiance

And, I could apparently do both of these when I was two.
I have to say that is pretty impressive, but I can't remember that. 


me, age 2


I do vaguely remember my Uncle Carl dragging out his reel to reel tape recorder to record me saying or singing something though. I remember being made a big deal of. 

I vaguely remember that sweater, that doggie and that ball. I was standing at My Aunt Esther and Uncle Carl's house. 

Entering their house that evening, probably in my dad's arms, Uncle Carl likely greeted me the way he always did for as long as he was alive.

"Hallo, my little honey!!", said in his Swedish accent with as much gusto and enthusiasm as you can imagine. 

They celebrated little Anne Britt (my full name and what I was called until I was probably around 10, when I fell out of love with the second name).

I felt like the apple of their eye.

I felt like who I was and what I accomplished at this young age was celebrated.


****************************************

When did I reach the age where I no longer celebrated ME, or what I can do? 

What magic year was it where it was no longer acceptable to celebrate being me? 

I do not know.

But, I am in the process of learning to appreciate who I am and what I've accomplished. I know God made me and that I am the apple of His eye. I am His masterpiece! That is something to celebrate!

That's me on the right in yellow

Today, as I look at these photos of little Anne Britt, I am reminded to celebrate me. I'm reminded to celebrate the small milestones as well as the bigger ones. 

Today, I am celebrating the fact that I didn't eat the whole bag of mini snicker's bites, but I shared them with my husband and son. :)

I'm celebrating the fact that I am pouring fresh water on relationships that had gotten dried out and stale.

I'm celebrating that I started working out at a gym two weeks ago.

I am celebrating that I am enough.


How are you celebrating YOU? It's time!




Click on my button for a list of all 31 Days posts! Thanks for visiting Live the Silver Lining today!

This post is part of a 31 Day series on the topic Dare to Be and linking up with about 1500 other bloggers on hundreds of topics. Come on over to The Nester to visit!

2 comments:

  1. You were an adorable child, Anne. You still look so much like that, based on your profile photo. I loved what you shared here, about celebrating who we are, and remembering we are the apple of His eye. I say that's fair cause for celebrating, anytime of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Dayle! I'm still learning to grasp how much God loves me. :)

      Delete