Friday, October 25, 2013

How we met

This post is written for Five Minute Friday, where lots of writers gather at Lisa Jo Baker's blog and write unedited for five minutes straight. No edits. Just free flowing writing. Today the prompt is "together". Won't you come visit, and join in?



We were both just seventeen when we met on a trip to Apple River. 

Just babies really. 

And, I had my eye on one of the staff, not on him.





He jumped around in the middle of the motor home singing little bunny fu fu with a friend, and 
I couldn’t believe he was being so silly. 

Now, I realize he was just showing off. 

He and a friend, just letting it all go. 

No inhibitions. 

Funny.

Yes, I thought he was fun. 

And funny.



He asked for my phone number after that motor home trip.

He called and asked me to go to a Bible study that a mutual friend was starting.

So began our first summer.

Walking on my block at night.

Hanging out with campus life friends.

Softball.

Talking until we didn’t think we could talk anymore.



Then, I went back to another state for my last year in high school.

He didn’t think he’d ever see me again.

Kevin writing me from his dorm room, my Sr. pic on his desk

We wrote letters.

400 of them over the next 4 years.

Long distance,

 before email, texting, facebook, twitter.



And, we are still together.

Rough patches and all 

and even some times where we wanted to take different ways when the fork in the road came

 making us make decisions that were hard.

Making us grow up to who we are today.


(*29 years of marriage)

~Anne

Thanks for stopping by to visit! I believe God weaves a silver lining all through our stories.

11 comments:

  1. And I truly believe that your together is one of those silver linings! God bless you and your wonderful life together. Stopping in from Five Minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your kind words. I'll be checking out your post too! Blessings!

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful love story! You did an awesome job painting a picture of your marriage with words. May the Lord bless you with another 29 years together.

    I linked up right after you for Five Minute Friday. I couldn't figure out how to link my new blog when commenting.

    Blessings to you!
    Amy (liveabundantlynow.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Amy!! I will check out your post, too!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on 29 years! I was touched and inspired by your story and really enjoyed reading it. :D

    I joined up with 5 Minute Fridays for the first time today and posted just before you http://seekingouttheheartofgod.blogspot.com/ and wanted to stop in and say hi!

    In Christ,
    Catie



    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anne
    What a great love story made in heaven. And being married the people say nowadays is something like a scares rarity after your 29 years! I am sure you are already looking forward to the next 29 years.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mia! Marriage is very hard work (and a blessing, too!), but God works in us through it all. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  5. A+ dear wife. I'd love to do it all again. Africa or bust?

    ReplyDelete